- Ask for Help
- Urban will give you a quick glance at all available commands
- Make it public
/urban --public ?
- Urban will post both your "?" request and the response publically into your current channel.
/urban FOMO or
/urban what's up ...
- You will see an Urban Dictionary definition for your search term.
- Sketchy Phrases
/urban --sfw kevin
- This will tell you that kevin has a huge ****. You can always try
/urban kevin without the --sfw part, but that's at your own discretion..and peril.
/urban --random FOMO
- Urban Dictionary contains mutliple, crowd-sourced definitions for many expressions. By default, Urban Bot will show you the first, most-upvoted definition. This switch will give you a random phrase every time you request it. Same goes for the sound phrases, they will be randomized as well.
- Get last phrase
- Recalls the last phrase for the current user. Ideal when doing
/urban really really long phrase. Instead of re-typing, just to get it into a public channel, just use
/urban --last --public.
/urban --sfw --public kevin or
/urban --public --sfw kevin or
/urban --random kevin --sfw --public or
/urban --sfw kevin --public or...well, you get the point.
- All these above examples will take the naughty code returned by Urban Dictionary, censosor it and then output it into a public channel, private conversation or a group.
- User Preferences
/urban --set --public or
/urban --set --sfw --public --random or
/urban --set --norandom --private...again, you get the point.
- Urban now remembers your preferences. You can use
--set switch in combination with
--norandom or any combination of these switches to set your user preferences.
- For the forgetful
- It might come in handy checking your settings before that --NSFW definition --randomly goes into a --public channel.
- Surprise !!
- Picks a completely random phrase. For those rare moments when you're bored and uninspired, just go
/urban --public --surprise and hope for the best.
- Say it like it is
/urban --feedback This is Awesome
- Tell us what you think at any time with
--feedback switch without leaving slack
- System Defaults
/urban --nsfw --private kevin
- This is the default response type; meaning - only you can see the response and that response will be non-filtered.
/urban kevin is the equivalent to above.
- Look with our eyes
- Below, you can see the features in action (GIF).
THIS THING HAS FEATURES !!